CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Digital Spy on Doctor Who

Could River Song be the Doctor's Mum????

From The Time Vortex



Alex Kingston has suggested that her Doctor Who character River Song could be the Doctor's mother.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Kingston explained that she had previously thought that River was the Doctor's lover.

"I was absolutely certain," she said. "That's what I'd assumed. But when I was reading 'The Time Of Angels', I suddenly thought, 'My God, she's his mother!'"

However, Kingston explained that she still thinks the pair have a romantic relationship.

"The flirtation between them still indicates they have a much more intimate relationship further down the line, and I sort of hope it is that," she said. "I hope they're married. Otherwise, if she's his mother, the flirtation isn't quite appropriate!"

She continued: "[Showrunner] Steven Moffat always leaves a couple of doors open a chink, so he can change tack whenever he wants. That makes it exciting to act, but also a little dangerous. She could be the Doctor's grandmother, for goodness' sake! I don't think Steven wants to be pinned down."

1 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Best theory I've heard is that River Song is actually The Doctor's Daughter (from the episode of the same name). I think that would be excellent :-)