CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 29, 2011

No America Move For Doctor Who!! Thank You!!

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has suggested that the series is unlikely to relocate to America.

Spinoff show Torchwood is now co-produced by the BBC and US cable network Starz, but Moffat told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour that a similar move is unlikely for its parent series.

Moffat said: "It's entirely about story. I don't think in order to make Doctor Who successful in America you have to make stories set in America."

However, the writer admitted that he had enjoyed filming on location in Utah for recent two-part story 'The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon'.

"I'd like to [film more in America, though] I don't think it's necessary," he said. "But absolutely, we like coming here."

Moffat also revealed that future episodes of Doctor Who will continue to explore the dark side of the show's lead character.

"The dark side of a man who could have caused the end of the universe is considerable," he teased.

Source: Digital Spy

Thank You Steven Moffet!! Stay over in Wales where Doctor Who belongs to continue being the best show!!! I'm sorry but I am not all that happy that Torchwood is over here, I think it is ruining it. You bring an iconic series like Doctor Who which is known for being a UK show and the scenery and everything else and you try to Americanize it it will turn to shit! (Does anyone remember that disaster Fox Doctor Who Movie with Paul McGann??) As much as I would love to see the cast over here for conventions and things like that, they need to stay in the UK so what makes Doctor Who can continue to do so and have it run for many more years!! I hate the majority of the shows over here besides a select few, I watch BBC America most of the time...lol Like right now I've been watching it while on here blogging watched Doctor Who with David Tennant in "The Girl In The Fireplace" now watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. I grew up watching Doctor Who, Monty Python, LoveJoy, All Creatures Great and Small(which stared Peter Davison as Triston who was the 5th Doctor) as well as so many other UK shows! Now my children are being brought up the same way...lol Yes I was born in the wrong country!! ahahahaha!!

0 comments: