CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Favorite Quotes

The Vampires Of Venice


[Rory is at his stag party; music is playing; there is a paper cake in the middle of the pub. The men cheer for the "beautiful woman" to come out of the cake ("Out, out, out, out..."), however to their surprise the Doctor pops out instead. Rory shakes his head as he realises who it is.]
The Doctor: Rory! [feedback whines; music stops] That's a relief! I thought I had burst out of the wrong cake. Again. That reminds me, there's a girl standing outside in a bikini. Can someone let her in and give her a jumper? Lucy. Lovely girl. [whispers] Diabetic.
[everyone continues staring at him]
The Doctor: Now then, Rory, we need to talk about your fiancée. [Rory smiles] She tried to kiss me. [Crowd draws breath; Rory is visibly shocked] Tell you what though, you're a lucky man; she's a great kisser! [Glass smashes; Doctor realises what he just said] ... Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[It is Rory's first time in the TARDIS]
The Doctor: It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside; what's that about? Let me explain...
Rory: It's another dimension.
The Doctor: It's basically another dimensi... what?
Rory: After what happened with Prisoner Zero, I've been reading up on all the latest scientific theories. FTL travel, parallel universes.
The Doctor: I like the bit when someone says "It's bigger on the inside!" I always look forward to that. [The Doctor looks annoyed, then smiles]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Discussing the plan for Amy to infiltrate the Calvierri house]
The Doctor: We'll go together, say that you're my... daughter.
Rory: What? Don't listen to him.
Amy: Your daughter? You look about nine.
The Doctor: Brother, then.
Amy: Too weird. Fiancée.
Rory: Uh, I'm not having him running around, telling people he's your fiancée.
Amy: No. No, you're right.
Rory: Thank you.
Amy: I mean, they've already seen the Doctor. You should do it.
Rory: [scoffs, weakly and nervously] Me?
Amy: Yeah. You can be my brother. [she tousles Rory's hair]
[the Doctor chuckles a bit]
Rory: Why is he being your brother weird, but with me it's okay?
Guido: [pointing at the Doctor] Actually, I thought you were her fiancée.
The Doctor: Yeah, that's not helping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor: She was frightened, I was frightened. But we survived, and the relief of it, so she kissed me.
Rory: And you kissed her back?
The Doctor: No. I kissed her mouth.
Rory: [sarcastically] Funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor: Can't see a thing.
Rory: Well, its a good thing I brought this then. [He produces a tiny torch.]
The Doctor: [Produces a rather larger light] Ultraviolet. Portable sunlight.
Rory: [Stares at the item] Yours is bigger than mine.
The Doctor: Let's not go there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signora Rosanna Calvierri: Where are you from?
The Doctor: Gallifrey.
Signora Rosanna Calvierri: You should be in a museum. [The Doctor laughs] Or in a mausoleum.
The Doctor: Why are you here?
Signora Rosanna Calvierri: We ran from the silence. Why are you here?
The Doctor: Wedding present. The silence?
Signora Rosanna Calvierri: There were cracks. Some were tiny. Some were as big as the sky. Through some we saw worlds and people. And through others we saw silence [pause] and the end of all things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signora Rosanna Calvierri: A partnership. Any which way you choose.
The Doctor: I don't think that's such a good idea. Do you? I'm a Time Lord. You're a big fish. [pause] Think of the children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The Doctor is in a house after rescuing Amy Pond and is thinking]
The Doctor: Argh! I need to think. Come on brain, think, think. Think! Think!
Amy: If they're fish people, it explains why they hate the Sun.
[The Doctor covers Amy's mouth with his right hand]
The Doctor: Stop talking, brain thinking. Hush.
Rory: It's the school thing I don't understand.
[The Doctor covers Rory's mouth with his left hand]
The Doctor: Stop talking, brain thinking. Hush.
Guido: I say we take the fight to them.
The Doctor: Ah-ah-ah!
Guido: What?
The Doctor: Ah!
[The Doctor gestures to Rory with his head; Rory covers up Guido's mouth]
The Doctor: Her planet dies, so they flee through a crack in space and time, and end up here, then she closes up the city and, one by one, changes people into creatures like her to start a new gene pool. Got it! Then what? They come from the sea; they can't survive forever on land, so what's she going to do? Unless she's going to do something to the environment to make it habitable... She said "I would bend the heavens to save my race."
[The Doctor stretches Amy and Rory's mouths]
The Doctor: Bend the heavens...
[The Doctor pushes Amy and Rory's heads up and down]
The Doctor: Bend... the heavens... [realises] She's going to sink Venice.
Guido: She's... she's going to sink Venice?
The Doctor: And repopulate it with the girls she's transformed.
Rory: You can't repopulate somewhere with just women. You need... blokes.
Amy: [realises] She's got blokes!
The Doctor: Where?
Amy: In the canal. She said "There are 10,000 husbands waiting in the water."
The Doctor: Only the male offspring survived the journey here. She's got 10,000 children swimming around in the canals waiting for Mummy to make them some compatible girlfriends. [suddenly disgusted] Ew. I mean, I've been about a bit, but really, that's... that's... ew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor: Blimey, fish from space have never been so... buxom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy: Hey, look at this. I got my spaceship, I got my boys... my work here is done. [struts into the TARDIS, head held high]
Rory: [scoffs] We are not her "boys."
The Doctor: Yeah we are.
Rory: Yeah, we are.

0 comments: