CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 22, 2011

Why 9th Doctr Quit?

Christopher Eccleston has apparently said that he left Doctor Who because he feels his face "didn't fit".

According to The Sun, the actor made the claims during an acting masterclass in London on Wednesday.

The paper quotes Eccleston as saying: "I left because of politics. I did not see eye-to-eye with them. I didn't agree with the way things were being run.

"I didn't like the culture that had grown up around the series. So I left over a principle. I thought to remain, which would have made me a lot of money and given me huge visibility, the price I would have had to pay was to eat a lot of s**t."

However, Eccleston is also reported to have told the class that he was proud of playing the Doctor, adding: "The important thing is that I succeeded. It was a great part. I loved playing him.

"I've always acted for adults and then suddenly you're acting for children, who are far more tasteful - they will not be bulls**tted."

Eccleston appeared to rule out a return to Doctor Who earlier this year, telling BBC Radio 2's Graham Norton: "I never bathe in the same river twice."

He has previously hinted that he left the program because he did not feel comfortable with "the environment and culture that we, the cast and crew, had to work in".

Watch the BBC's new original drama trailer - featuring Doctor Who - below:



Source: Digital Spy

0 comments: