CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

EW News On Torchwood Miracle Day

TORCHWOOD’: A LOOK AT THE. NEW SEASON

I had nightmares the night after I watched the first two episodes of Torchwood: Miracle Day. I confess that not to prove what a hopeless wimp I am (although, that’s also included), but to make the point that while we all have reservations about this season, it really delivers.

The opening scene, which finds Bill Pullman’s death-row inmate character preparing for execution, is so wrenching, so uncomfortable, and so eerie, that you might very well lose your worries about this season in the first minutes.

When Arlene Tur, who plays Dr. Vera Juarez, first heard the plot, she said the issue turned out to be much more complicated than she initially thought. And the audience should be similarly excited by some of the curve balls that lie ahead.

“You have to deal with overpopulation. You don’t have enough staff, you don’t have enough tool or enough space… Every hospital becomes a disaster,” she said. “There are a lot of problems that come along with Miracle Day.”

Source: SpoilerTV

3 comments:

A A. Roi said...

More indications that RTD hasn't really thought this concept out. 300K people a day not dying would hardly lead to an instant population explosion. Do the math.

Scott said...

I'd prefer if RTD had done a math. I hope for his accountants' sake that he can...

Scott said...

I'd prefer if RTD had bothered to do the math. I hope for the sake of his budgets that he's capable of doing so and was just lazy in this case.