CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Doctor Nervous???

David Tennant has revealed that he recently had his first ever movie audition in Hollywood.

The Doctor Who star told BBC Wales that he was "nervous" because he had not had to audition for a part since Casanova in 2004.

Tennant said: "I had my first ever Hollywood audition yesterday. The terrible thing is I've been very spoilt in Britain for the last few years - I haven't done an audition.

"I went to this room and I found the place and I had to get past the security guard who wanted to see some ID, and I said, 'I've not brought any ID!' I didn't realise that was something you needed to do to come for an audition."

He added that he had some difficulty when the casting director asked him to "just go off script" because of the limited knowledge he had about the role.

"You have a few sides, you're having to intuit from a few lines what this character may be or what his story may be," Tennant continued.

"So you end up having to improvise around this character's life about which you know nothing and about which you're invited to know nothing. It was sort of alright."

He added: "It was for quite a big Hollywood film, I won't get it!"

0 comments: